Friday, March 27, 2009

Wow Update

A while ago we wrote this post about Alfie Patten, the young young father. Well, here's an update, because apparently a DNA test was done, and he's not. Before the DNA test was done, Alfie said the following, according to The Telegraph:

"Other stupid boys are lying, saying bad things, like they have slept with Chantelle too," Patten says, "But I am the only boyfriend she has had and we've been together for two years, so I must be the dad. When she found out she was having a baby, I asked her 'Am I the dad?' and she went 'Yeah' so I believe her. I didn't know about DNA tests before, but Mum explained it's when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells you if you're the dad. So, if I have that, they can all shut up. But I don't really care what people say. And I don't like them being bad about Chantelle."

So, they did a DNA test, and The Mirror is now reporting that Alfie is not the father. One of those "other stupid boys" probably is. But they're also probably 14 or 15, and too young to be a father. 

While none of these sources are particularly reliable, the story itself is just sad and has prompted many British politicians to speak out on the "nation's declining moral standards." Glad we live on the other side of the Atlantic, where we have so much integrity. Oh wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment