Monday, January 25, 2010
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Rain __ Shel Silverstein
I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.
I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.
Alfie Goodrich on Flickr
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
1. Listening to the new Spoon cd on NPR
2. Perusing Brian Ferry's blog and pondering the amazingness of his photography
3. A Perfect World Highly Hydrating body lotion with White Tea from Origins
4. This picture from Oskar Cortez's Flickr photostream
5. A completely rad idea for bike chalk.
6. An interesting article on the positives of veganism and livestock's influence on the doily that is our ozone.
7. And lastly, some Emmerson who I am sort-of in love with right now:
Then Beauty is its own excuse for being:
Why thou wert there, O rival of the rose!
I never thought to ask, I never knew:
But, in my simple ignorance, suppose
The self-same Power that brought me there brought you.
Sunday, January 3, 2010