Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Movies & Music

Well, on Sunday afternoon I saw Coraline, and listened to Ben Kweller's interview on NPR, before this, on Saturday night, I finally saw Slumdog Millionaire.  All were fantastic and amazing.  I'm not sure that Monday Movies and Music will be happening every week since I certainly don't go to the movies every week, really more like every 3-6 months? I honestly don't even remember the last movie I saw in theaters. Oh wait, it was Twilight, back in November.
    
Anyway, back to Coraline.  I had seen a preview for it back in November and, I'm not gonna lie, I thought it looked really scary.  In fact, I came home, discussing how horrifying it looked and the fact that I would, in no uncertain terms, not be seeing that particular film.  Well, we all know how that turned out.  About a week ago, my mom mentioned that she really wanted to see it, after hearing multiple rave reviews on NPR, and I, after seeing pictures of a woman knitting the tiny sweaters Coraline wore, succumbed to the power of the mom.  And thank god I did.  The best part? Seeing it in 3-D.  Now, I'm well aware that 3-D costs more, but seriously, shell out the extra few bucks and go see it.  The next best part was the fact that it was all made with stop-action motion, which was apparent in a few places, and made it all the more exciting.  Based on the previews, I was super afraid of the seeing the movie, however, I will have you know that all the scary stuff was put in the previews, the rest was pretty benign.
And so, I press onward to the music portion of this post. Ben Kweller. How do we feel about him? We're in love. love.  So, when I discovered form his twitter that he would be on weekend edition, I kept my ears open.  I didn't expect to be listening when he came on, but luckily I was.  The interview was wonderful, and the songs he played from his newest album were mellow and mildly folksy in a good way.  To listen to the interview, click here
      
Therefore, I leave you on this hopefully not too snowy Monday with good wishes for the week ahead, and luck on your shoveling endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment