Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Missed Connection

Today I had a missed connection with a labradoodle. Yes. You heard me. A dog. He stared at me. I stared at him. Then his owner crossed the street to the other sidewalk. And, well, obviously he kept looking back at me. As if he knew me or desperately wanted to meet me. Or maybe I smelled nice. I did get a new shampoo...
It rained today. No news there, but I have Milano cookies now so it hasn't affected my mood. I digress. You know how when it rains, the follicles in the earth where the worms live flood with mud, and that's why you always see worms on the sidewalk? I feel bad for these worms. Everything else is happy; the flowers, the plants, the really dirty cars. But these worms just have it bad. And yes it's how life goes and animal nature but then the sun comes out and if they aren't quick, they're screwed.
Somehow, in a roundabout way, this reminded me of a section from Catcher in the Rye.
At least, I think that's what it is from. Where Holden says, "I can see what they’re all thinking, and i don’t like it. I can see how desperate we all are, cause the layers get peeled off, and we’re just these "naked bundles of need". That's what I was thinking of on my way home, good old holden caufield.

No comments:

Post a Comment