Mozzarella-Stuffed AranciniI would probably serve this with salad and some rustic Italian bread. Or if you're a carnivore, well, I don't have any ideas for you. Sorry.
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 green onions, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 cups whole-grain breadcrumbs
- 16 marinated fresh mozzarella balls, drained, oil reserved (1 12-oz. container)
- 1 28-oz. jar marinara sauce
- Combine rice, 1 whole green onion, garlic and 3 1/2 cups water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed and rice is soft and slightly sticky. Remove from heat, transfer to bowl, and cool. Remove green onion, and discard.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray. Chop remaining green onions finely. Fold eggs, parsley, cheese and onions into rice. Spread breadcrumbs on large plate.
- Place 1/4 cup rice mixture in palm of hand. Shape into tangerine-sized ball around one mozzarella ball. Roll in breadcrumbs, and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining rice, mozzarella and breadcrumbs. Drizzle arancini with reserved oil, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until outsides are crisp and browned.
- Warm marinara sauce, and ladle into bottom of large serving dish. Place arancini on top of sauce, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Vegetarian Times