Thursday, January 8, 2009

Silence Please

Talking is overrated. I'm fed up with talking to people. Do you ever have those days when you wish people would just leave you alone with your ipod on full blast and your favorite magazine? I don't know if I'm the only one who has noticed this, and I'm probably not, but it seems to me that half the time, people only talk because they can't stand the silence or they enjoy the sound of their own voice. I know that I do it too. Sometimes it can't be helped. I don't enjoy the sound of my own voice so much as I think that if someone I know is sitting near me, wouldn't it be polite to make small talk? But some talk mindlessly about things like the weather and whatnot, without a direction to the conversation, a point to their never ending thoughts. Would a conversation be better used to talk about taste in music or literature? Anything worth something?
So, today, in honor of not talking to people, I will crank the volume on the stereo and drown out needless conversation with the sound of silence. If that even makes any sense..

Sultan- What Made Milwaukee Famous

A friend-of-a-friend's music blog

1 comment:

  1. COOL! YEAH MOST OF THIS IS LIKE A DIFFRENT SCHOOL. NONE OF THIS IS REALLY LIKE ME.

    ReplyDelete