Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Blur...

Other than being the title given to Lorelai in season five of Gilmore Girls, it basically sums up my entire December. A blur: that is how I will always remember the December of 2008. In the beginning of this month, the weeks couldn't pass faster, and I was dying to be out of school. Part of me still feels this way, however there's another tiny part of me that wishes I had slowed down and drank in the holiday cheer. Of course there's been lots of literal holiday cheer consumption, ie peppermint mochas on saturday mornings, but it's not the same as bundling, and making fires, and constantly knitting, and just cozying and feeling rosy. All of those positive feelings I once associated with Christmas have suddenly vanished. Since when am I a grown up with commitments and appointments to keep? I suppose that after all is said and done we're captive on thecarousel of time, we can't return we can only look behind from where we came.

No comments:

Post a Comment