Friday, July 3, 2009

Tripping


Before I had planned to go to Nicaragua with all my camp friends, I had been hoping to go on a program that we call, Extended Trip. It's usually about 5 to 10 girls, with leader, Steve. They venture up to Canada, about a six-hour drive from our location in New Hampshire, to dive into the woods and have some nature-ridden fun.
However, I'm not in the age range to go on the trip anymore, I missed it by a year. So this fall, when I was applying to skip off to Nicaragua, I informed the director of my wish to both go to Nicaragua and go on extended trip. Well, that easily turned into a mess. I could only go if there were an odd number of girls, since canoes had to be evenly filled. I wasn't too disappointed, Nicaragua was going to be amazing as well. And I let any thoughts of white water canoeing and long van rides leave my mind.
Well, I was shocked and thrilled to learn this morning that one girl wasn't able to go on the trip anymore. I feel badly that she can't come, but when I got that random call offering me a place on the trip, I jumped at the offer. A normally two thousand dollar trip for free. Three weeks of adventuring in Canada. White water canoeing. No electricity. I'm going off the grid for a bit the summer, and I look forward to every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment