Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bring on the Snow

Some people don't get it. They say, "Yay! Winter! Let's drag out the skis and drive 5 hours up to Vermont." Me, not so much. Don't get me wrong, I love skiing. Downhill, cross-country, whatever. But I miss summer. Warm weather, suns out till 9 at night, what's not to love?
I would never want to get rid of the snow. One of the few redeemable characteristics of winter is the tendency for cozy afternoons and Sunday mornings, snuggled in an old afghan, with a cup of hoco(hot chocolate) and a fire in the fireplace, the snow swirling down outside.
The no school part of summer vacation could explain my recent yearning. Even when all assignments are done, there's still more that I should do. I can't even go to the beach or anything to get away from it all. My new method of procrastination is knitting. I've been trying to finish this pair of leg warmers that I started a couple of weeks ago after a trip to the yarn shop.
It's not that I'm behind on Christmas crafting, like Alex is
, it's just that I have come to the conclusion that when I finish the leg warmers, I won't have time to do anything else in time for the holidays, which is thankfully rapidly approaching.
Present shopping and eggnog chai are calling me.
Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment