Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bon Voyage

Twas I who has received an acceptance to college! Yay! God the whole thing was so overwhelming. I woke up Tuesday morning and my fate was already on the brain.
            

            
At first, I was thinking that school was awful. But I spent a little while at home that afternoon with relatively little to do, and it was a horror to sit around with nothing to do but contemplate your fate. Thankfully, I had plans that night with the Grandmother. Even distractions from her were welcome.
                 

          
Then came the moment of truth, I opened my email, and there it was. College is tapping in to cyber methods of informing their students of acceptances these days, so I was sent the standard brief message, and then a link to a ridiculous video. The film was made up of haikus about the school, followed by haikus making fun of the haikus, that's how the intellectuals work.
        
                                     
Later this week or early next week I should be getting a nice fat envelope in the mail as follow up. They send confetti in their acceptance letters. So by now, the only reason you're bothering to re(e)d this is because I have yet to inform you as to which school I will be attending next fall. Here's a clue, it's in the previous sentence. YAY REED!
       
                
(oh and parts of it do look like Harry Potter)

1 comment:

  1. haha, to your last sentence, that's what i thought especially in the library & the thesis tower ha

    ReplyDelete